- The game is played for 33 minutes (16 minute halves) including 1 minute for half time
- Players must be at least 13yrs of age.
- A minimum of two females must be on the court at all times.
- Ten players maximum registered per team.
- Six players on the court at one time. A minimum of five players must take the court.
- Players are not permitted to wear anything while on court that may endanger them or other players i.e. jewellery, rings etc
- Appropriate footwear must be worn on court. No bare feet.
- Players may not play for two teams in the same grade.
- A Division 1 player may play in a lower division as well, as long as they have been registered with that team before the competition starts and play in the grading games – Effectively a player can step up divisions but not step down when filling in on a casual basis for teams who are short of players
- Teams will incur a 1 point penalty for every min they do not have a minimum of 3 players taking the court. Arrival after 10min will result in the late arrivals defaulting the game points (they may still play the game).
- Substitutions may be made at half time or when the ball goes dead i.e. at the conclusion of a point.
- The substituted player must be off the court before the replacement goes on.
- An injured player can be substituted at any time.
- Any players with bleeding wounds must leave the court. A substitute can take up the vacant position.
- 5 Points for a win
- 3 Points for a draw
- 1 Point for a loss.
- 0 points default with less than 24hrs notice given
- 5 bonus points if registration fees fully paid by second week of the league
- A blatant case of poor conduct or sportsmanship will result in a player’s expulsion from the match after which their team must carry out the rest of the game without them.
- All players will treat the umpire with respect. The decision of the umpire shall be final and shall be given without appeal.
Uniforms & Equipment
- Teams are encouraged to wear their own team tops, for both appearance and comfort reasons. Bibs will be provided if needed.
- Match balls will be provided for each match but warm up or practice balls will not.